Sometimes a partner may want to generate a quote, without creating an actual delivery. For example, if a customer wants to know the price for a potential delivery but is not ready to book, a quote can be requested.
To create a quote:
- Input the same required information for the Create Delivery endpoint.
- Use the Create Quote endpoint to request the quote.
- Use the Get Quote Info endpoint to retrieve the quote.
Note: Creating a quote does not guarantee the returned price if you later wish to then turn that quote into an order. A quote’s price is only relevant to the time and date of when it is requested.
To turn a quote into a delivery:
- Use the Quote Delivery endpoint create the order quote
- Use the Book Quoted Delivery endpoint to update the quote into a delivery.
Once a quote is being turned into a delivery, it can be called using the Get Delivery Info endpoint, or canceled using the Cancel Delivery endpoint, if needed. If you wish to review info about a quote that has not been turned into a delivery, use the Get Quote Info endpoint to request details.
Updated 10 days ago